Friday, October 20, 2017

醉花林俱乐部



Family dinner at Jumbo Teochew restaurant, next to Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh. Some family friends are joining us. My sis ordered the signature braised duck dish in addition to an 8 course menu in advance. The braising sauce was not herbal at all and actually quite light and tasty, I guess that would make it more appealing to foreigners and kids.


The must try cold appetizers of pork trotter jelly, liver roll, prawn roll and my favorite seasoned jellyfish. All 4 starters are really delicious, not sure if its just me talking coz things like innards are not usually nice things to eat. The liver was really creamy.


Crab & sharksfin soup that everyone loves, one bowl is never really enough. Salted egg prawns that are a new food fad, it makes the dishes really rich and flavorful. Too bad there's only 1 per person.


Steamed toman fish, headless coz they use the fish heads in curry here. It's a really meaty fish found only in Asia.


Braised pork belly and fried rice, the ultimate comfort food combination. If I come here alone, I would just order these 2 dishes. The braised pork belly comes with sea cucumbers and fish maw for extra textural crunch.


Taro & Sweet Potato dessert covered in syrup. 1 pot of tea was not enough for this meal.


Over dinner I was admiring the girls gorgeous nails and apparently they all use this brand, Etude House dashing diva press-on nails. I haven't seen press-on nails since my mother's time. It's a great idea, instantly gorgeous nails without the wait & $$$. I received a new box set as a gift from them, it's got enough for 3 full mani plus some extra.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.