Friday, January 13, 2017

Chinese New Year everywhere...



I was at Novena Square and saw this at Breadtalk. There is bak kwa, pineapple, yam, stawberry, orange, rooster floss, kaya, nasi lemak and sakura seeds bread. The lemak bun is really good, I had that and the rooster floss is something different from the usual floss bun, its kinda sweet coz of the icing.


Walked into Cold Storage and saw more soft toys in gold ingots and god of fortune. I really like these chickens, especially the red and blue ones that look really 少数民族.
 

Orange baskets as a holiday centerpiece in your home, under $20 each. 


 Or one of these festive cartons and gift boxes. Tiger beer always comes out with a festive carton packaging every year, Pokka drinks has joined in this year with boxed assortments. CNY gift boxes are generally all about abalone, for a change there is canned Pen Chai under $100.


Inside NTUC FairPrice, this is where the real food shopping happens. 
 

Traditional nian gao in the same shelf as newer versions.


To be honest I like the traditional food stuffs better than the newer items. Like these waxed meats pre-packed in gift boxes. The prices are the same as regular day and I can actually eat it or use it up for everyday meals.


Fairprice started selling hampers a few years back and its really convenient to pick up on your way to relative's place. Alternatively, Brand's essences are always a goof-proof choice and they also have hampers. I was surprised to find Japanese style gift food boxes, usually found in specialty stores, its now available in FairPrice!


At the bus interchange on my way home. Stall selling CNY decorations that are way over the top, I have never seen anyone's house decorated this way before. Gonna take my time to pick and choose some paper cuttings, so far my mom bought a Chicken with Rice Bucket you have to see it to believe it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.