Friday, September 11, 2015

Spotlight - Curtain Remnants - Jacket A



I really like Cynthia Rowley patterns. Having obtained some heavy twill/silk fabrics with full interfacing already ironed on, I decided to sew up some modern work classics, a buttonless jacket with matching sheath dress.


Jacket A is made from 1 single piece of fabric, 3.5 yards of 45" wide. Using 6 paper pattern cutouts to get 15 pieces of fabric to sew together. The lining is made from a further 5 pieces of fabric.


Total fabric cost is $150! How do people make these to sell? Luckily, I bought the fabrics at a deep discount since its all loose ends from the curtain department.


After I sewed the vest, I realized the seams are slightly off but the total length is correct. Soo strange.


Finished jacket that looks like a crop top. Maybe it will flatten out after ironing. It's got some real weight to it as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.