Friday, June 12, 2015

Simplicity - Jessica McClintock Pattern 1655 - Dress B



Dress B is a strapless dress with lace overlay and underlying tulle skirt. I didn't do the overlay as I really liked the fabric I picked from Sugar & Spice called Metallic Star. I also didn't make the sash in a matching fabric.


This paper pattern set utilizes 10 piece template that is assembled into a dress. The instructions are in general and it states "determine length of dress before sewing", so you decide how short you want it and how much tulle to show from underneath.


For reference, I unpicked the bodice 2x just trying to make sure the shape is right. I re-sewed the tulle on the 2 ends so it would sit even. I even sewed the hemlines 3x to get it just right.


I made the lining from cream coloured silk (soo extravagant I know but it was salvaged from previous sewing projects). The tulle was just regular white stuff that I already had on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.