Friday, May 8, 2015

Simplicity - Cynthia Rowley Pattern 2178 - Dress D



I told my aunt I was going to sew a dress for her using this gorgeous grey duchess satin fabric I already have. Unfortunately, there is not enough fabric for a statement dress so I can only do this basic dress with straps.


I didn't take measurements, I just asked for her dress size : EUR 38 or 40. That requires 1.75 yards of fabric 60" wide.


After sewing these bubble skirts, I realize the effect is achieved from various techniques (darts, pleating, ruching) used generously and randomly throughout. You can't be too fussy about uniformity on this one.


Iron those fusible interfaces and it is done! Let's see how it holds up in the wash, am worried about that fusible interface.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.