Sunday, November 10, 2013

Knitting Books


I have been using a lot of free patterns online as well as those that come with the yarn balls. I finally decided to lay down some money on knitting books as I think I need some further assistance. I was planning to get Vogue Knitting's Stitchionery series but its pretty much sold out. So I settled for a vintage pattern book, an accessories book and one more on baby blanket designs. Wish I could subscribe to Vogue Knitting magazine here in Singapore, just as well, I have the books to wrap my head around with.


The Vogue Knitting Vintage Collection consists of knitting patterns for clothing. Stuff like dresses, different types of sweaters etc. With the ultimate sweater machine, I am planning to churn out some new clothes later on, so this pattern book comes in handy.


The Vogue Knitting Accessorize consists of variations in designs for accessories like hats, scarves, mufflers and mittens. This Fair Isle Hat appeared on the cover of their magazine before, nice yea.


Vogue Knitting Baby Blankets is a series of patterns for baby blankets that can also be translated into washcloths or adult-size blankets/throws. I am too lazy to draft out patterns from scratch so this book comes in handy with pre-formulated designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.