Sunday, February 3, 2013

Patterned Swiss Roll



The latest food trend to arrive from Japan is the patterned swiss roll, as created by Japanese food blogger Junko (pic above). Her recipe books are only available in Japanese so I went along with a different recipe provided by the online community in English, hoping it turns out ok.


I hate piping because I have little to no experience with it and only do so when I absolutely need to. Using my $2 Daiso mini piping bags I drew semi-circles and dots.


Then the base batter over it. The batter is naturally yellow so I didn't add any food colouring.


Spread whipped cream and fruits in between and roll, then refrigerate to let it set.


There are specialty kits available for anyone who wants to get started. This recipe makes a rather dense cake that is neccessary to hold its shape. So I think I will be experimenting with a softer version next and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.