Friday, February 15, 2013

Flower Banner Cross Stitch

  

My first attempt at a large cross-stitch that measures 106cm x 60cm. For this particular cross-stitch I followed DMC official cross stitch instructions: that means starting from the center and no knotting.

  
I sewed it colour by colour that is really straightforward, no colour mixing required that is a real relief.


This took me about a year to complete that concurs with what people have told me and what online reviewers say too.


The final step is to check for empty spots throughout and adding more stitches where you think is required based on your own artistic vision.


Peonies in full bloom, the perfect banner to welcome Spring! Actually, the words refer to summer, so this is more of a summer banner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.