Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chopard Water Resistant?




 
My Chopard Happy Sport watch comes with a pink rubber strap that became too tight for me a couple of years ago. So I went to the Chopard boutique and ordered a longer leather strap. Waited 4 months and paid $350 for it. Needless to say, I am not happy that 3 years of handwashing has resulted in the discolouration of the leather. It looks like the colour has leaked off the leather strap. I haven't even brought this into the water yet!



 
Lately, I noticed Chopard has brought out a cruise edition with diamond flipflop charms and a beach vacation edition with starfish charm. At first, that would seem like a good choice as it is water resistant up to 30m and comes with rubber or canvas straps. But, after my incident with Chopard's leather strap, I am not so sure anymore. Or maybe that is why Chopard is the only high-end watch maker to offer silicon rubber straps as default for the Happy Sport range.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.