Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Evil Eye Chinese Knot


* Bad vibes still running from the extremely rude SAs at Dior*


I wanted to make an evil eye talisman for a friend and ran through several designs before deciding to make it in the style of a traditional chinese knot. I haven't done this in almost 2 decades so am a little rusty and need the help of a styrofoam board and pins.


I love the sophisticated deep cobalt blue of this traditional charm and found a design I really like (above). But, I don't know how to make these knots so I guess I'll have to buy it.


I had to make the tassle from silk threads with colours chosen to reflect those of the glass ornament. I hope the end result looks good, there's a lot of colour going on here :p


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.