Saturday, January 15, 2011

Strawberry, Apricot & Whipped Cream Soap





Trying out the layered technique to make a dessert soap using 2 bars of pink strawberry soap and 2 bars of white apricot & whipped cream soap. The amount is just enough to fill 1 standard loaf pan.




First, a layer of pink soap. I put it in the freezer for 5 mins. Then, took it out and added the next layer of white soap, left it in the freezer for 5 mins and so on. I was careful not to swirl the liquids too much when moving it around as the soap hasn't hardened and I didn't want a tie-dyed bar of soap.




The finished loaf is left in the freezer overnight to set. I use a non-stick teflon pan (no lining needed!) and the bar of soap slid right out.




Cut the loaf into bars and leave to air dry for 1 week before using. Looks like agar-agar and smells delicious! I had to warn everyone not to eat it.


1 comment:

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.