Monday, July 12, 2010

A/W 2010 (part 3)





I spent the weekend making more jewellery. The aim is to use up all my gems accumulated over the years. I rationalized that it is practical to have pieces I can wear or gift rather than loose pieces lying around.




The necklace above looks like a rockhopper penguin. The Tiger Eye gems were from my trip to Nanjing China and I was struck by how similar in shade and tone my gold corals were to tiger eye.




The yellow Jadeite beads are also from China, the usual necklace you find in Fengshui shops. Once cut up and reassembled in another necklace, these gems were left out due to their odd colorations. Which works well in this bubble necklace as it adds dimension to an otherwise fairly common design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.