Monday, February 8, 2010

Piano Cover





Does anyone remember how much they paid for their piano covers? I remember Yamaha used to sell little velvet pieces that only cover the top for $350 and full length black vinyl ones for $250. So when my mom told us our full length lace cover cost $1200 I wasn't surprised. Meant either as dust covers or to accentuate the piano (those tiny little velvet ones), depending on the preference of the owners. This time around, I decided to sew my own.




First, the draping. We eventually decided on 6 metres of cream coloured thai silk lining. With some creative cutting, I only used 4.5 metres of the silk tulle. Using a combination of machine and hand stitching, I finally made my decorative dust cover. See pic below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.