Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sea Monsters



I caught Sea Monsters at the IMAX Theatre. It's 1 of the more commercial offerings that comes with it's share of official merchandise. So I know what Ammonites are and that they are the most common type of fossils. I set out on a trip to the National Geographic Store to find some souvenirs and was sorely disappointed as all the fossils (and other stuff, e.g. ball of naturally compressed wood) were missing, I presume sold? But, they did have the official book and puzzles. Economic forces are always at work in Singapore. A few steps away is a newly opened natural mineral and fossil shop. I couldn't afford the perfectly preserved full fossil of a pre-historic lizard at $6K. But, I could afford the Ammonite fossils (picture above). 1 male and 1 female with a perfectly preserved miniature sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.