Sunday, September 13, 2009

DIY Cake



Pre-assembled craft kits were popular in my schooling years. I remember using them for my Home Economics projects. I was surprised to find new varieties involving felt at Action City for only $2.90!! cheap right, so I bought 1 to try.



Not bad, all the materials you need to get started are in there. Even stuffing is provided. Lovely packaging. The instruction sheet is in full colour with pictures! That's a huge improvement from the crafting kits of my school days.


Ok, so the only item not provided are the scissors. I am sure everyone has 1 at home. I get started on cutting out the designs based on provided templates.

Then to get sewing. I have to embroider each spot onto the strawberries. So laborious! But, since it is a hobby, it should be relaxing to do so.


Ta dah! The finished product; Strawberry cake. It's kinda small, around 10cm x 7cm x 7cm. Now what am I going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.