Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mortinis



I am not in the best of health right now to be dousing myself in alcohol. But, still agreed to join my friends for dinner at Morton's Bar. hhmm...the lure of $10 mortinis and free flow of fillet mignon sandwiches makes happy hour a popular time and by 5pm, the waiters had to close the doors as the bar was full. (Picture above is of the appletini with a rim of cinnamon liqourice. Picture below is of the free fillet mignon sandwich with mustard, yummy!).


I was content to sit out the drinking and plop myself on a barstool for my dinner. The waitresses told us that it is very common for people to have their appetizers at the bar before proceeding to the restaurant for dinner. Towards the end of the evening, I saw several waiters bringing main courses into the bar. I wonder if they wheel that trolley up the stairs as well?

Apart from appetizers, they also have bar snacks like chicken goujonettes, mini prime cheeseburgers, blue cheese fries and crab spinach & artichoke dip. You won't be able to try all in one sitting. My friend and I were floored after the mini burgers (picture above) and chicken goujonettes (picture below).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.